Location – Speelhuislaan
Material – Latex on bricks
Year – 2008
Photography – Edwin Wiekens
The electronic factory Electron was once part of a machine factory Backer and Rueb. The original buildings were destroyed by fire in 1958. Instead a new property was built to a design by architect M. Blokdijk. Nowadays houses here among others art studios. This building is particularly a perfect preserved example of postwar industrial heritage.
Brothers Rob and Barry van Dijck together form the graphic design studio Staynice. Their work is characterized by the playful combination of information, illustration and typography. Experiments on their own RISO printer often serve as inspiration for commercial projects for international clients. Yet they remain true to their roots and regular take up spray cans for murals.